Thursday, March 2, 2017

Here We Go!

When we found out that we were moving to Japan for three years, I knew I wanted to start a blog - that way our family and friends could keep up with our adventures.  Fast forward to over a year later and still no blog...When the new year came around I began writing my goals for 2017 and starting a blog was at the top of my list.  So here we go, I'm diving in and committing to writing at least once a month (hopefully more!).  A friend said to me, blogging is like a journal of sorts, a way to look back and remember your adventures.  This is such an exciting time in our lives and I want to make sure we have these memories for years to come - a way for Nora (and Jonathan & I) to look back and see what life was like in Japan.

Getting ready to board our flight from Seattle to Okinawa

We have definitely settled into life on the island.  We live in base housing - I wasn't so sure about living on base, but we've been so happy here.  It's such a great community and we love our neighbors.  There are plenty of kids and people are always outside playing or hanging out.  The base we live on is also super close to the beach (like only a mile away!), and we take walks or ride our bikes to the beach regularly.  One of my favorite things about Japan so far has to be all the amazing parks.  They are all unique and so different from parks in the US.  Our goal while we're here is to visit as many parks as possible!

Treehouse Park

Pirate Ship Park

It's hard to believe that we've been here for almost eight months.  I feel like we've seen so much already, but we really haven't even scratched the surface!  We have a lot of travel plans over the next two and a half years, I'm looking forward to sharing our adventures with you all!

Until next time, cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment