Sunday, February 18, 2018

Welcome to the World Jordan "Jordy" Mathews


Hello from beautiful Southern California!  You know, when we moved to Okinawa we said we wouldn't be coming back to the states - we would rather use our time off and money on vacations somewhere in Asia.  Buuuttt, my brother and sister-in-law announced last year that they were having a baby and I just knew I had to come visit them.  There's no way I was going to miss seeing my baby brother become a dad.  And on January 25 at 10:16 pm Jordan "Jordy" Thomas Mathews made his debut to the world.  What an incredible experience it's been to see Travis (and my sister-in-law, Sarah) become parents.  They have handled this new world of parenthood with such grace and ease, it's been magical to see the transformation in them - I'm getting teary-eyed just writing it out.





As we were planning our trip out, Travis and Sarah asked me if I would be willing to take some newborn photos of Jordy.  Of course I said yes (and then immediately got super nervous because I wanted to deliver some amazing photos for them but I'm still such a beginner).  I did as much research as I could and just told myself to chill - Jordy is freaking adorable and I would definitely get a few good shots.  And boy did we get some good ones!  Jordy was awake the whole time, but he was so content and laid back, he was cool as a cucumber the whole time.  Here are a few of my faves.














Trav and Sare, thank you so much for trusting me to take these photos.  I'm so happy for you both and am incredibly proud of the wonderful parents you've become!  Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment